Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Obligatory Introduction

Hi. My name is Angie. Welcome to my blog. I’m not really sure why I’m doing this, except it seems a good place to capture some small moments in time. I hope to share some thoughts about books, places, things & interests. You’ll need to bear with me, as I haven’t composed many essays since hanging an expensive piece of paper on my wall.

I am a SC native, having grown up in the Upstate region and currently residing in the Midlands. I graduated from Erskine College (which is perhaps most notable for its lack of a football team) where I met my husband of 11 years (and counting.) I graduated with a teaching degree and lofty ideas of changing the world through education. I taught for a year, married & moved and wasn’t able to locate another teaching job. Apparently having a history degree and not having the ability to teach a sport, does not make one overly marketable. Economic realities forced me into a job in insurance, where I have happily resided ever since in some form or fashion. Yes, I’m a dork. I enjoy my job in insurance.

After many years, and even more cars, my husband and I decided to increase our circle of happiness. We were blessed with a daughter in January, 2008. She is delightful, and yes, everything you’ve been told about toddlers (& more) is true. You can expect a great deal of reflection on this little topic.

My interests are many and varied, but a few get more time than others. In my “Free Time” (= after baby is asleep) I enjoy reading, cross-stitching, restoring cars & napping.

So, the title says it all. If you’re looking for great intellectual insight or the meaning of life, you probably won’t find it here. If you’re interested in how ordinary people live & have fun, join me here for more Tales of the Ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment